Sunday, July 10, 2011

DFTS Original Recipe: S'mores Cookies

My boss at my summer job showed me a recipe for S'mores Bars.  While they looked super yummy, they also looked super messy.  When baking for my buddies in the box office at my summer job, I look for easy to eat cookies that could be quickly eaten without plates and without making a huge mess.  I found a recipe for s'mores cookies at Baked Perfection.   Normally I love their recipes, but my cookies were a burnt mess at 8 minutes and still needed to go back in for 3-4 minutes more according to the recipe.  Yuck!  I'm not sure what happened but I decided to toss the remaining dough after 2 tries in the oven and just make my own recipe.  I liked the end result even better than I think I would have liked the Baked Perfection version and I hope you like them too!


Don't Forget The Sprinkles S'mores Cookies
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies
  • 11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 ½ cups flour
  • 4 graham crackers, pulverized
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, graham crackers, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
  4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
  6. Place tablespoons of dough on baking sheets about 2 – 2 ½ inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Made these again today but substituted 2 chopped up Hershey bars instead of chocolate chips and they are even better!

    ReplyDelete