Chocolate Orange Cranberry Cookies
Makes 3 1/2 - 4 dozen cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together melted butter and sugars. Mix in the eggs, stirring them in one at a time, then add the vanilla and orange zest.
- Stir in the flour mixture, then the dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet leaving about 2 to 3-inches between cookies to allow for spread.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until cookies are set at the edges and tops are slightly cracked looking. Cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.