Brown Sugar Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter1 1/2 cups brown sugar (either light or dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the flour mixture until dough comes together and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar before placing on baking sheet. Space cookies about 2-inches apart to allow for spread.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until cookies are set and very lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.