Muirhead Pumpkin Butter Squares
Makes one 9x13 pan
- 1 box of yellow cake mix, divided
- 3/4 cup of butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
To make the crust:
- Take the box of yellow cake mix, reserve 1 cup, and mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup of melted butter and one large egg.
- Press lightly into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
To make the pumpkin layer:
- Mix one jar of pecan pumpkin butter with 2 eggs and 1/8 of a cup of milk.
- Pour over crust.
To make topping:
- Mix and crumble the remaining 1 cup of cake mix with 1 tablespoon of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of soften butter, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Spread over the top of the pumpkin layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden.