Strawberry Lemonade Thumbprints
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons strawberry lemonade (I used the Trader Joe's version)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, confectioner's sugar, and flour. Mix well.
- Roll into small balls. Flatten and indent centers.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
- In saucepan combine filling ingredients.
- Cook on medium-low heat, stirring well until thickened (20-30 minutes). Beware, this mixture burns easily.
- When cool, spoon filling into indent of each cookie. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.