Chocolate Raspberry Rose Truffles
Makes about 2 dozen truffles
Raspberry Rose Ganache:
- 5.25oz (147g) 64% bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped.
- 3 tablespoons (42g) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons (14g) light corn syrup (or inverted syrup)
- 1/4 cup (42g) strained raspberry purée
- 1 tablespoon (14g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (14g) salted butter, cubed and softened but not melted
- 2-4 drops of culinary grade rose petal oil or rose water
- 8oz (224g) 64% bittersweet chocolate, melted and tempered OR
- Cocoa powder
- To prepare the ganache, place the chopped chocolate into a medium sized bowl.
- Combine the cream, purée, corn syrup and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly. Once it reaches a rolling boil, pour the cream mixture evenly over the chocolate and allow to stand for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Once 2 minutes has passed, stir slowly to incorporate the ganache. Once the mixture has cooled to 95°F you may add the butter and rose oil/water, stirring gently to combine.
- Allow the ganache to set up over night in the refridgerator. Once set, use a 1/2 inch cookie scoop to scoop out the ganache. Roll between palms to create completely round balls.
- Place balls into the refridgerator to set.
- Dip cooled balls into tempered chocolate or roll in cocoa powder.